What is a Neighborhood Purpose Grant:
A Neighborhood Purpose Grant is applied for by a 501 (c) 3 Non-profit organization or an LAUSD public school to request a grant from the Neighborhood Council that will benefit the community or serve a public purpose.
Steps to apply:
- Fill out the attachments below to apply for the Neighborhood Purpose Grantand follow the guidelines outlined in the Submission Checklist.
- Submit completed application and all required documents by email .
- It is recommended to submit an NPG at least three months in advance for events.
- Once all the paperwork is in order, the applicant must attend the HHPNC Board meeting where the application is voted on by the board and make a short presentation. Regular board meetings are usually held the first Thursday of every month.
- Once approved, applicant must fill out an accountability form to show the Board and community how the grant was used.
- Leave meeting date and agenda item number blank.
- Fill in the box that describes the public benefit to be derived from the grant. This is critical and consideration by the council depends on a good case appearing in this box.