What is a Neighborhood Purpose Grant:
A Neighborhood Purpose Grant is applied for by a 501 (c) 3 Non-profit organization or an LAUSD public school to request a grant from the Neighborhood Council that will benefit the community or serve a public purpose.
Steps to apply:
- Fill out the attachments below to apply for the Neighborhood Purpose Grant. The guidelines in the Submission Checklist should be scrupulously followed.
- Send completed application to Treasurer Nancy Verma, and copy First VP Jeff Rex. All paperwork along with the IRS determination letter, or letter written on school letterhead paper must be submitted at least one week before the scheduled board meeting, so that committee members may examine the application.
- Once all the paperwork is in order, the applicant must attend the HHPNC Board meeting where the application is voted on by the board.
- Once approved, applicant must fill out an accountability form to show the Board and community how the grant was used.
- Leave meeting date and agenda item number blank.
- Fill in the box that describes the public benefit to be derived from the grant. This is critical and consideration by the council depends on a good case appearing in this box.