Chair: Rosemary Serna
Committee Members: Prissma Juarez, Yajaira Castillo, Olga Vasquez
Mission: The HHPNC Housing, Renters and Homelessness Committee’s mission is to advocate for stakeholders who are experiencing housing insecurities, tenants, and our homeless neighbors. We aim to promote solutions to displacement through education on housing and homelessness issues in Highland Park. We work to empower homeless families and residents; lobby to provide city and state services; and inform city hall of Highland Park housing and homelessness issues. In addition, the committee will work with community organizations, city departments, and local stakeholders to provide resources and aid to tenants and homeless residents. The committee will review the implications of the problems of housing and homelessness, and make recommendations in that regard.
We are opposing legislation that is harmful to community members who are most marginalized, vulnerable, and require the most advocacy. We are focused on organizing and including community members who are most affected by gentrification and its effects on housing. We believe housing is a human right, and as an official committee, we will bring these issues to the forefront in the effort to keep our community together.
ARCHIVE OF MINUTES
- 02-15-18 HHPNC Housing and Homelessness Minutes
- 09-28-17 HHPNC Housing and Homelessness Committee Minutes
- 07-28-17 Outreach and Housing and Homelessness Joint Committee Minutes
- 06-22-17 HHPNC Housing and Homelessness Minutes
- 04-20-17 HHPNC Housing and Homelessness Committee Minutes
- 03-16-17 Housing and Homelessness Committee Minutes
- Minutes from 9/29/16 Housing & Homeless Committee Meeting
- Minutes from 8/24/16 Housing & Homeless Committee Meeting