Street Vending Alert
Councilmembers Joe Buscaino (CD) 15 and Curren Price (CD 9) have put forward a new Street Vending Proposal.
Here are the key elements:
- Street vending will be allowed City-wide from 7a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Vending will be prohibited in residential neighborhoods with the exception of roaming pushcart vendors.
- 2 vendors per block in commercial areas with the consent of the adjacent business orproperty owner and other protections.
- Ability of neighborhoods to opt-out with some limitations.
- Enforcement by LAPD and Bureau of Engineering is discussed but specifics have not yet been provided.
- A review of this policy within one year.
A copy of the letter outlining their proposal is attached (TOP OF THIS PAGE).
There will be a public hearing on this proposal on Monday December 12 at 1:00 in Council Chambers. This is an important hearing and the City Council needs to hear input.
John Ferraro Council Chamber, Room 340, City Hall
200 NORTH SPRING STREET, LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
- Weekly Message from the President
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
- Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Employment Opportunities
- Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
April Community Events – Save the Date