Public Safety Committee
Committee Chair: Rocio Rivas (Board Member)
Committee Members: Stanley Moore (Board Member), Mauro Garcia (Stakeholder)
Mission: The Public Safety Committee serves as an advisory and liaison among law enforcement agencies, city departments, elected officials, emergency preparedness community groups, and other stakeholders to facilitate the creation of a safe and secure environment within the Highland Park boundaries through crime abatement projects, prevention, emergency preparedness groups and educational efforts. Some of the issues the committee will focus on, but not limited to, are: graffiti and crime prevention, evening street safety, earthquake safety preparedness, traffic safety and other related issues based on community demands and needs.
Safety Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Mayor Garcetti’s 2017 State of the City address
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- OPEN HOUSE: Community Invited to Celebrate and Learn about LA Sanitation Environmental Services!
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Employment Opportunities
- Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
April Community Events – Save the Date