OurLA2040 Open Space Working Group Summary
CLICK LINK TO VIEW “OPEN SPACE WORKING GROUP SUMMARY“.
For the first time in a half-century, the City of Los Angeles is undertaking a comprehensive update to its guiding vision, the General Plan. This initiative, OurLA2040, will result in a new 20-year citywide plan to be adopted in 2020, putting in place strong and visionary policies to help create a more prosperous, livable, and sustainable Los Angeles.
As part of these early efforts on the General Plan, the Department of City Planning convened four meetings of an Open Space Working Group for OurLA2040, bringing together key experts and practitioners to share information and develop early background analysis for a future Open Space Element of the General Plan. Attached is a summary of the Open Space Working Group’s work, including links to all of the presentations and documents from these meetings.
As we move into fall, the Department of City Planning is now launching the community engagement phase of the project, with community conversations and workshops around the city that will begin in September and October with events that will have a special focus on open space issues (see attached flyer).
Visit us at www.ourla2040.org, where you can learn more about the General Plan and sign up now to receive notifications about the dates and locations of our forthcoming community conversations and workshops. We hope you’ll also follow us at twitter.com/ourla2040, and www.facebook.com/ourla2040, and take part in this exciting opportunity to shape the future plan for Los Angeles.
Ken Bernstein, AICP, Principal City Planner
Department of City Planning
Office of Historic Resources and
Citywide Policy Planning
T: (213) 978-1181
200 N. Spring St., Room 601
Los Angeles, CA. 90012
Send us a Tweet
News & Information
- Charter School Open Enrollment
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
- Local Events
- President’s Message
- 1/4/18-Evaluation of the State of Street Related Infrastructure
- Legalizing Street Vending
- Romulo Avelica granted Emergency Stay of Removal from Board of Immigration Appeals
- Unpermitted Dwelling Unit Ordinance (UDU) Approved
- New Geothermal Project Helps Create Clean Energy Future for Los Angeles
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets