Occidental Orientation Participation
Occidental College asked us to share the information below:
As a part of this year’s schedule, we are bringing back the Student Services & Community Fair on Friday, August 25, from 9 am – 11 am. Participation in this year’s fair will be FREE to local business.
If you are interested in participating, please respond to this email as soon as possible and no later than Monday, July 31st. We have set aside 10 tables for community businesses and organizations, which are available on a first come, first served basis.
Each year students and families are given a welcome bag with swag from campus offices and local businesses. As we are working to reduce paper usage and our carbon footprint; we invite you to email digital copies (either PDF or JPG) of menus, flyer, coupons, etc. to email@example.com as soon as possible and by Sunday, July 16 so they can be added to the google drive (last year’s can be viewed here); be sure to put “(Company Name) Welcome Bag Flyer” as the subject line to assure it makes it into the google drive.
We will still collect functional/useful pieces of swag/give-a-ways/promotional items that advertise your business, such as first aid kits, pens, pencils, planners, fridge magnets, key chains, detergent samples, security whistles, sunglasses, cups, chapstick, reusable water bottles, etc.
We ask that all SWAG feature family inclusive language, using terms like “Family” or “Student” instead of the more gendered or exclusive terms such as “Parent, Mom, Dad, Child, etc.” If you have questions about the whys, hows, or whats of inclusive language, please let me know or check out this google drive of resources.If you would like to contribute to both the student and family bags, we would need 1115 individual items. Or, you are welcome to only contribute to the student bags (615 items) or family bags (500).Promotional items are due by 5 pm on Monday, August 14 to the Office of Student Life, JSC 102 (building #15 on the campus map); please be sure to clearly mark which bags your items are intended for (student vs. family).
In order to save your time and resources, it is probably not necessary to contribute to the welcome bags in addition to attending the fair but you are still welcome to do both.
During Orientation, new students have the opportunity to win prizes. If your business would like to donate gift cards or merchandise to be given away as prizes, please reply to this email with what you have in mind by Monday, July 31st. All donations will need to be delivered to campus by Monday, August 14.
- Legalizing Street Vending
- Romulo Avelica granted Emergency Stay of Removal from Board of Immigration Appeals
- Job Training Opportunity
- Local Events
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
- Local Businesses are invited to participate in Occidental College’s Orientation
- Street Robbery Alert from Senior Lead Officer for Highland Park Neighborhoods
- Unpermitted Dwelling Unit Ordinance (UDU) Approved
- New Geothermal Project Helps Create Clean Energy Future for Los Angeles
PURPOSEFUL AGING L.A. – An Age Friendly Initiative for LA.
Launched last year, this initiative aims to committing to a future where the needs of older adults are more carefully considered. Take the survey.
- Mayor Garcetti’s 2017 State of the City address
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- OPEN HOUSE: Community Invited to Celebrate and Learn about LA Sanitation Environmental Services!
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Employment Opportunities
- Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets