Neighborhood Council Alliances
Each Neighborhood Council designates two Budget Representatives who are responsible for reporting back to their NCs on the budget issues and concerns affecting Los Angeles. During the annual Budget Day at City Hall they elect three Budget Advocates from each of the city’s twelve regions. The Budget Advocates focus on engaging the community in the process of establishing budget priorities for the City of Los Angeles including meeting with the Mayor and members of the City Council, reviewing budgets for each city department, organizing regional Budget Days to obtain stakeholder input, and researching concerns brought up by the NCs. The Budget Advocates assemble recommendations for increasing the city’s efficiency in delivering services to its residents. Each spring, they present the results of their research in the Budget Advocates’ White Paper. Of the 550 recommendations made in the last couple of years to the city, many from the Budget Advocates, a significant number are being acted upon to help reduce costs and expand services.
Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition (LANCC)
The Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition is intended to enhance the ability of NCs, as well as their clout and influence, to give them a larger voice on issues affecting more than one neighborhood. LANCC brings in speakers on issues of importance to their members, pass recommendations from the Coalition and share Community Impact Statements to show the city these issues are supported by a broad base. The Coalition is not intended to usurp or interfere with the role of an individual Neighborhood Council in their own neighborhood. Each NC is encouraged to send a delegate to represent them in this important process.
The Neighborhood Council Sustainability Alliance is being established to advance sustainability and resilience through advocacy, sharing best practices and community action in Los Angeles.
The group represents the interests of the Neighborhood Councils and their stakeholders in creating a greener and more sustainable city, working with existing organizations including the nascent Los Angeles Sustainability pLAn to advise and educate interested parties and to link existing solutions to new problems.
Alliance of River Communities (ARC)
LA’s Regional Alliance of East and Northeast Neighborhood Councils and Stakeholders. ARC is committed to empowering the communities we care about, all connected through the Los Angeles River.
ARC Neighborhood Councils include:
Elysian Valley Riverside
Greater Cypress Park
Greater Echo Park Elysian Valley
Historic Highland Park
Additional Neighborhood Council Alliances
- Statement Regarding Romulo Avelica
- HHPNC Director-At-Large Seat Vacancy
More info & link to application.
- Local Events
- Unpermitted Dwelling Unit Ordinance (UDU) Approved
- New Geothermal Project Helps Create Clean Energy Future for Los Angeles
PURPOSEFUL AGING L.A. – An Age Friendly Initiative for LA.
Launched last year, this initiative aims to committing to a future where the needs of older adults are more carefully considered. Take the survey.
- Mayor Garcetti’s 2017 State of the City address
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- OPEN HOUSE: Community Invited to Celebrate and Learn about LA Sanitation Environmental Services!
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Employment Opportunities
- Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets