LOS ANGELES CITY COUNCIL RULES COMMITTEE – OUTREACH ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA
As you are probably aware, the City of Los Angeles will put a medical marijuana voter initiative on the March 2017 ballot. This initiative would give the City back the right to legislate on this issue. Currently, Proposition D is the City’s medical marijuana ordinance and until it is replaced by a voter mandate returning the power to regulate to elected officials, the City Council cannot make meaningful changes to Proposition D.
Several Neighborhood Councils have already considered this matter and have let the City know they support its efforts to return the power to regulate medical marijuana to the Los Angeles City Council. We hope you will join them if you haven’t already done so.
The City has done a series of outreach meetings to engage the public on the issue of what they would like to see in a new medical marijuana ordinance. The next meeting will take place this Wednesday, December 7th in Van Nuys. The meeting information is below. Could you remind your members about the meeting? The City seems to be contemplating additional meetings, but this is the last one they’ve announced.
Hope to see you there.
LOS ANGELES CITY COUNCIL RULES COMMITTEE OUTREACH ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Wednesday, December 7, 2016 @ 6:00 PM
Van Nuys City Hall – 2nd Floor Council Chambers
14410 Sylvan Street
Van Nuys CA 9140
Sarah Armstrong JD
Director of Industry Affairs
Americans for Safe Access
- Weekly Message from the President
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
- Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Employment Opportunities
- Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
April Community Events – Save the Date