Housing & Homelessness Committee
Committee Co-chairs: Yolanda Nogueira (Board Member) and Rocio Rivas (Board Member)
Committee Members: Stan Moore (Board Member), Jamive Tijerina (Board Member), Margarito Martinez (Stakeholder), Kim Miller (Stakeholder), Steve Crouch (Stakeholder), Nereida Vazquez (Stakeholder)
Mission: The HHPNC Housing and Homelessness Committee’s mission is to advocate and educate on housing and homelessness issues in Highland Park by creating awareness of affordable housing and displacement; advocate for and empower homeless families and residents; lobby to provide city and state services; and inform city hall of Highland Park housing and homelessness issues. In addition, the committee will work with community organizations, city departments, and local stakeholders to provide resources and aid to homeless residents. The committee will review the implications of the problems of housing and homelessness, and to make recommendations in that regard.
ARCHIVE OF MINUTES
- Statement Regarding Romulo Avelica
- HHPNC Director-At-Large Seat Vacancy
More info & link to application.
- Local Events
- Unpermitted Dwelling Unit Ordinance (UDU) Approved
- New Geothermal Project Helps Create Clean Energy Future for Los Angeles
PURPOSEFUL AGING L.A. – An Age Friendly Initiative for LA.
Launched last year, this initiative aims to committing to a future where the needs of older adults are more carefully considered. Take the survey.
- Mayor Garcetti’s 2017 State of the City address
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- OPEN HOUSE: Community Invited to Celebrate and Learn about LA Sanitation Environmental Services!
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Employment Opportunities
- Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets