The mission of the HHPNC Beautification Committee is to engage the community in the enhancement and restoration of the beauty of Highland Park by sustaining and improving upon the cultural heritage; in addition to beautifying forgotten landmarks, buildings and other infrastructure in our community. The Committee will conduct cleanups, plant trees, establish gardens and otherwise decorate and improve the Highland Park’s public landscape. The Beautification Committee will partner with community organizations and city hall, in their beautification, cleanup campaigns, and other projects; and further endeavor to educate and engage residents in beautification projects and clean-up activities to benefit the community.
Committee Co-chairs: Yolanda Nogueira (Board Member) and Rocio Rivas (Board Member)
Committee Members: Jamie Tijerina (Board Member), Teri Bonsell (Stakeholder), Kim Miller (Stakeholder)
2016 Beautification Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes
September 29, 2016 Meeting Minutes
August 26, 2016 Meeting Minutes
2015 Beautification Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes
February 10, 2015 Meeting Agenda.pdf
2014 Beautification Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes
August, 28, 2014 Meeting Agenda.pdf
- Calif. Assembly Dist. 51 Debate
- Local Events
- Legal Clinic Volunteers Needed
- What’s Happening with DACA
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
- Legalizing Street Vending
- Romulo Avelica granted Emergency Stay of Removal from Board of Immigration Appeals
- Local Businesses are invited to participate in Occidental College’s Orientation
- Street Robbery Alert from Senior Lead Officer for Highland Park Neighborhoods
- Unpermitted Dwelling Unit Ordinance (UDU) Approved
- New Geothermal Project Helps Create Clean Energy Future for Los Angeles
PURPOSEFUL AGING L.A. – An Age Friendly Initiative for LA.
Launched last year, this initiative aims to committing to a future where the needs of older adults are more carefully considered. Take the survey.
- Mayor Garcetti’s 2017 State of the City address
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- OPEN HOUSE: Community Invited to Celebrate and Learn about LA Sanitation Environmental Services!
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Employment Opportunities
- Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets