Culture & Equality Committee
Mission: To provide a welcoming, inclusive, and open-minded forum for productive discussion of cultural affairs and equality for all stakeholders in the Highland Park community. To provide thought leadership on social issues and foster a culture of unity for and understanding for all stakeholders in our community. To empower members of our community who need it most and begin to address various types of inequity by providing meaningful communications and information and help bridge gaps in access to resources such as jobs, events, affordable housing, and education. To address issues pertaining to cultural and historical preservation and fostering a positive and inclusive environment for the arts.
Jamie Tijerina (chair)
2017 Culture & Equality Committee (Note Name Change)
Meeting Agendas and Minutes:
- June 8, 2017 (Joint Meeting with Public Safety Committee): Agenda / Minutes
- March 8, 2017 Meeting: Agenda; Minutes
- January 19, 2017 Meeting: Agenda; Minutes
- January 12, 2017 Meeting: Agenda; Minutes
2015 Arts & Culture Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- January 29, 2015 Meeting: Agenda
2014 Arts & Culture Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- December 11, 2014 Meeting: Agenda
- Calif. Assembly Dist. 51 Debate
- Local Events
- Legal Clinic Volunteers Needed
- What’s Happening with DACA
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
- Legalizing Street Vending
- Romulo Avelica granted Emergency Stay of Removal from Board of Immigration Appeals
- Local Businesses are invited to participate in Occidental College’s Orientation
- Street Robbery Alert from Senior Lead Officer for Highland Park Neighborhoods
- Unpermitted Dwelling Unit Ordinance (UDU) Approved
- New Geothermal Project Helps Create Clean Energy Future for Los Angeles
PURPOSEFUL AGING L.A. – An Age Friendly Initiative for LA.
Launched last year, this initiative aims to committing to a future where the needs of older adults are more carefully considered. Take the survey.
- Mayor Garcetti’s 2017 State of the City address
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- OPEN HOUSE: Community Invited to Celebrate and Learn about LA Sanitation Environmental Services!
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Employment Opportunities
- Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets