On behalf of the entire board of the Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council, I want to express how excited we are about this coming year in our community. When we started our term almost two years ago, we had a Highland Park Vision event, where you, the stakeholders came and shared your vision for the community with us. From that event, we were able to hone in our priorities and get to work at trying to be the most effective advocates for Highland Park that we could be. We haven’t always been able to deliver a dream result for everything we have put our efforts into. But I can say that the neighborhood council is in very good shape and in a great position to do even more for the community in 2018.
But our success depends 100% on you and everyone in our beloved neighborhood. Without your participation, we have no direction. With that, if you haven’t ever been to a neighborhood council meeting or event, won’t you consider making it one of your New Year’s resolutions to get involved with us? You can come observe one of our board or committee meetings, join a committee, or bring your special project or wish for the community to us to see if there is any way we can help you make it a reality.
We are only as good as all our people, la gente!! And that extends to everyone in our community, from wealthier homeowners to the less fortunate who find themselves without a home at all in this cold weather. Everyone fits perfectly into our big, diverse, community, just like a jigsaw puzzle. Without a missing piece, the puzzle is incomplete.
So we hope to see more of you, and do more with you in 2018! Read on to learn what the HHPNC and our awesome neighborhood is up to this week!
Your HHPNC President
Send us a Tweet
Visit Us on Facebook
News & Information
- City Council Approves Creation of Civil and Human Right Ordinance for City of Los Angeles
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
- Local Events
- President’s Message
- 1/4/18-Evaluation of the State of Street Related Infrastructure
- Legalizing Street Vending
- Romulo Avelica granted Emergency Stay of Removal from Board of Immigration Appeals
- Unpermitted Dwelling Unit Ordinance (UDU) Approved
- New Geothermal Project Helps Create Clean Energy Future for Los Angeles
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More