Howdy Highland Park!
There’s a lot going on in the neighborhood, as usual! Here are some highlights:
El Sereno Historical Society is working with community members, El Sereno Middle School, and Wilson High School for the Eastside’s 50th anniversary of East L.A. Chicano Blowouts in 2018 and they’re looking for volunteers to help plan. Join National Park Services on National Public Lands Day at the Audubon Center at Debs Park on Saturday September 30th (9am-12pm)! They will be doing trail work, so come prepared with some sunblock, sturdy outdoor shoes, and clothes you can get dirty in! Free lunch will be provided. The Audubon Center at Debs Park will also be hosting NEXT100 Coalition: Diversity, Inclusion & Youth Outdoors Forum on September 22nd from 6:00pm-8:30pm.
HHPNC is happy that we could support Highland Park Independent Film Festival – HPIFF with a neighborhood purpose grant. Please make sure you turn out to this great event Oct 5-8 at the Highland Theater. This film festival is a perfect example of creative forces in our neighborhood coming together. And that is just awesome! And, City hall was lit up beautifully for the celebration of El Grito de Independencia y Unidad this past Friday!
And, our regular monthly Land Use committee meeting is this evening! Read on to learn more about these events and everything else happening in our community. We look forward to seeing you out in the neighborhood soon!
Your HHPNC President
- President’s Message
- Permanent Supportive Housing – Interim Motel Conversion
Learn about the Dept’s proposed efforts to provide housing solutions for homeless individuals.
- Local Events
- What’s Happening with DACA
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
- Legalizing Street Vending
- Romulo Avelica granted Emergency Stay of Removal from Board of Immigration Appeals
- Job Training Opportunity
- Local Businesses are invited to participate in Occidental College’s Orientation
- Street Robbery Alert from Senior Lead Officer for Highland Park Neighborhoods
- Unpermitted Dwelling Unit Ordinance (UDU) Approved
- New Geothermal Project Helps Create Clean Energy Future for Los Angeles
PURPOSEFUL AGING L.A. – An Age Friendly Initiative for LA.
Launched last year, this initiative aims to committing to a future where the needs of older adults are more carefully considered. Take the survey.
- Mayor Garcetti’s 2017 State of the City address
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- OPEN HOUSE: Community Invited to Celebrate and Learn about LA Sanitation Environmental Services!
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Employment Opportunities
- Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets