Highland Park loves to celebrate the 4th— well actually we seem to celebrate the 1st, and the 2nd, and the 3rd, and the 4th, and sometimes even several days after that! Highland Park is well known for its infatuation with illegal fireworks and we manage to put on quite a spectacle every year. Our community’s love of fireworks can be fun and exciting, but it can also be dangerous and traumatizing to pets, veterans, and many others. And, despite the lure of fireworks, they are against the law in the City of Los Angeles. Look, I am the last guy to be a wet blanket on your 4th of July fun. But, perhaps this year we can all take a little extra care in considering our actions when celebrating the 4th, and how those actions might impact our neighbors. So make it a great 4th, but be smart, and be safe out there!
Besides all the summer celebrating, our board will be getting down to business this week at our regularly scheduled monthly board meeting. We will be selection a new board member to fill the vacant seat on the board, considering a handful of neighborhood purpose grants, and considering a few other initiatives on the agenda. Be sure to check out the agenda and come make a public comment on anything you feel you need to weigh in on. We count on you and the rest of the community to give us our direction, because we are basically here to serve YOU!
We look forward to seeing you at a meeting or out in the neighborhood soon!
Your HHPNC President
- Local Events
- Street Robbery Alert from Senior Lead Officer for Highland Park Neighborhoods
- Statement Regarding Romulo Avelica
- Unpermitted Dwelling Unit Ordinance (UDU) Approved
- New Geothermal Project Helps Create Clean Energy Future for Los Angeles
PURPOSEFUL AGING L.A. – An Age Friendly Initiative for LA.
Launched last year, this initiative aims to committing to a future where the needs of older adults are more carefully considered. Take the survey.
- Mayor Garcetti’s 2017 State of the City address
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- OPEN HOUSE: Community Invited to Celebrate and Learn about LA Sanitation Environmental Services!
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Employment Opportunities
- Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Budget Advocates’ Surveys
The fourth Budget Advocates Survey is now up on the NCBALA.com website. Click below.
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets