Occidental Children’s Theater registration open for the Summer Institute of Fun
Occidental Children’s Theater wants you to know that registration is open for the Summer Institute of Fun at Keck Theater.
WHAT IS THE SUMMER INSTITUTE OF FUN?
The Summer Institute of Fun is a fun-filled acting camp for kids. If you’ve seen any of our Children’s Theater performances, then you know we teach dynamic movement-based physical theater where children learn not only how to perform characters in a story, but how to become the actual set and props as well. Each week will conclude with a folktale performed by the children and you’re invited!
WHEN IS THE SUMMER INSTITUTE OF FUN?
Our four 1-week sessions begin July 10. Morning sessions are for children 6-8 years old and the first three afternoon sessions are for older children, 8-13 years old. Our final afternoon session is a special one for 11-15 year olds.
- July 10-14, 2017
- July 17-21, 2017
- July 24-28, 2017
- July 31-August 4, 2017
Morning sessions run from 9am to 11:30am with mat time until 12:15pm and afternoon sessions run from 1pm to 4pm with mat time until 5:15pm. Mat time (extra time after class) gives you a little extra time to get here and is an opportunity for the students to practice what they’ve been learning in an informal, playful way through improvisational games based on their area of interest on that particular day.
WHERE IS THE CAMP?
All sessions are indoors in the air conditioned Keck Theater.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Easy, just register online or, if you prefer, you can call ext. 2771 and sign up over the phone.
Send us a Tweet
Like Us On Facebook
Read Our Latest Newsletter
News & Information
- President’s Message: October
- Local Events
- Arroyo Seco Library Events Calendar
- Alert: Scammers Posing As LADWP Employees
- HHPNC Attends Ribbon Cutting
- OXY – Occidental Calendar
- City Council Approves Creation of Civil and Human Right Ordinance for City of Los Angeles
- 1/4/18-Evaluation of the State of Street Related Infrastructure
- Legalizing Street Vending
- Unpermitted Dwelling Unit Ordinance (UDU) Approved
- New Geothermal Project Helps Create Clean Energy Future for Los Angeles
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Release of Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Affordable Housing Incentive Program
- Free Mulch Program for Gardeners and Homeowners in Historic Highland Park
- City of Los Angeles lays out its Vision Zero Action Plan to Help Eliminate Traffic Deaths by 2025
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Highlights from our Power to the Youth Event
- Animal Cruelty Crimes
Los Angeles Animal Services is dedicated to the humane treatment and care of all animals within the City of Los Angeles. Read More